what can I do?

ok well my 3 year old daughter is in preschool and seems to get along great with the kids there but whenever we go into a indoor play center and wants to play with the kids there (not the same kids all the time) but they run away from her. She think they are running away from monsters but they are running from her.

From being a victim of bullying I worry a lot that she is going to be bullied.

I just dont know how to handle the situation.

Merediths_Mommy

Asked by Merediths_Mommy at 5:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wouldn't take my child there if it was an uncomfortable situation.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Why are they running away from her? If it's different kids all the time how do they know to run away?

I wouldn't take her there either. It's obviously not fun for her.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Is there something physically wrong with her? I have a scar on my left cheek and I've had it since birth. I used to tell my mother and father that the other kids wouldn't play with me because of it...and well it was true. It's since lightened up and grown smaller but it is still visible if you see me in person. I'm just asking if it's physical because it was for me.
    Pristine_Dream

Answer by Pristine_Dream at 11:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Well maybe wrong is a bad word to use. Is there something that makes her physically different?
    Pristine_Dream

Answer by Pristine_Dream at 11:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Are you maybe looking at the situation in a view of bullying because you once were? Maybe the kids are not running away from her but yet rather all just playing a game together. 3 year olds are very differnt then anything. If she isn't social and don't just jump in then maybe she will get that feeling she isn't wanted. I would introduce my daughter to the rest of the kids and maybe she will feel comfortable then jumping in, like her school setting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• why do they run, is she aggressive or are they mean, we dont go to one playland because teh kids there are from the bad part of town and generally speaking -- they are bad... otherwise teach her what to say --- like my name is --- do you want to play with me... etc.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• shes a very social child and always has been but is very loud and sometimes doesnt articulate her thoughts or feelings very well.. she just turned 3 but I think she wants to play with older children and because they dont always understand her I think they think shes a baby and they dont want to play with a baby. Shes very social tho.
    Merediths_Mommy

Answer by Merediths_Mommy at 2:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Sounds like she isn't really that social, If she were social and walked up to them telling them My name is "___" wanna play, or even saying something like play with me, most kids don't care if they are a baby or not. They just want to play. Maybe refraim for that place and find her a speical friend in the community and then attempt it again.
    Anonymous