Does your family eat at the dinner table?

When I was growing up my family always ate at the dinner table until i was a teen then we started eating in the living room and now I miss it soo much is there anyone out there that still eats at the dinner table?I just think it is nice but hard to get the family to sit down with me lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We would but we dont have a dinning room table.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yes we do for dinner most nights. But we didn't always and still sometimes we don't. I think it is important and my kids eat better if they are all sitting around chatting and having fun.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• We do most of the time. But there are times we do eat infront of the TV. We do that on Family night and watch a movie, hubby picks up dinner and then we play games.
    Anonymous

• Yes we do. We make that a priority.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• We don't. It just doesn't work for our family. I used to do breakfasts together every day when the kids were toddlers because my husband worked nights and was gone for dinner. That was fun for awhile until I was just too exhausted to get up early every morning. And then for awhile we did a few dinners together a week but it just always ends in everyone crying or angry and I always lost my appetite from the stress. So now we eat wherever (I usually eat in my room, the kids eat either in the kitchen or in the living room and my husband eats in the living room when he is home). It works for us. We see each other plenty during the day, 30 minutes while stuffing our faces isn't going to make much of a difference.
    the only time we eat at our dining room table is on holidays.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• We do a couple of family dinner nights a week and we sit at the table all together. I agree with the above poster, my kids eat better when we all sit together. On other nights, due to scheduling, and a variety of other issues, its just the kids eating, and they eat at the table together for every meal, breakfast, lunch and dinner. But I'm one of those that tends to cook one meal for the kids, one for DH and I because they are super picky (wonder why) and I am always eating diet food they won't touch. DH eats whatever I make, unless its a veggie burger, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• We are quilty of not doing this very often. There really is no good excuse as to why we don't either.
    I did do this until I moved out of the house with my parents though, it was just a rule.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 6:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• We do it is very important for us. During tax-season my husband misses out on this though. So we try to do it most of the time the rest of the year. We love to sit around and yak it up with the teens. Keeps us in touch with their lives.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• We eat dinner together every night. We also have a big Sunday breakfast together. We got a great dining room table a few years ago and it's a great family gathering spot.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yes it is a priority for us.Fortunately most practices are over by 6:30 so with the help of the crockpot or good planning and dinner just needs warming we eat around 7 most nights.Of course there are exceptions when there are games but I am at those and dad tries.If I have book club or bunko they eat together and if hubby is away we eat together with out him.We do watch some games Rose Bowl etc. with tv trays.We both grew up eating with our families and decided to do this when we married 31 yrs ago.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 6:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2010