Do you think this child is being molested? Please answer need help!

A friends son told me that his buddy peed on his hands at the party we were at. I didn't think too much into it until the buddy grabbed the little boy and shook him and said "I told you not to tell anyone about that. Don't tell anyone else or I'll hurt you!" What the heck happened here? I have ran over every possible situation in my head and don't know why the kids would have had an opportunity to pee on each other. How would the boy pee on just the kids hands there was no pee anywhere else on him. This is a 4 year old that got peed on and a 8 year old who did it. Any ideas? I hope I'm just jumping to conclusions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• My advice to you is to take IMMEDIATE action by going directly to the parents and informing them of what you witnessed. Many times a child, who is being molested, will say someone "peed" on them because they are too young to know about ejaculation. A child that is molested does believe that they will be hurt and even killed if they talk. Even though the boy in question of possibly causing harm is young he can still kill the boy. Child murderers do exist. In some cases, which I do hope so in this instance, it is just boys being boys. But if it is not , and something is truly going on the boy needs help now. Both boys do. Better to talk to parents and be uncomfortable about the situation, then have the boy be molested. As a parent, I would think they would be grateful that you did take action to help their son. ALWAYS trust your intuitions. They are our clues that something is just not right. Good luck.
    MissouriMomm239

Answer by MissouriMomm239 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Also should I mention this to my friends? I am friends with both parents. If so how do I approach such an awkward subject? I asked the 5 year old what happened but after his friend threatened him he clammed upand wouldn't talk any more.
    Anonymous

• talk to the boys parents even if he isnt being molested he maybe abused in some other way
    Anonymous

• and just straight up tell his parents what happend and that you are concerned
    Anonymous

• Agree, need to talk to the parents regardless.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• probably sit down with both parents and just tell him what the little boy told you and what you witness and let them take it from there. but it has to be brought up. because the little 8yr old is probably being threatened by someone else. and he sees this younger child and does what is done to him. i am so sorry that you are in this situation. i hope its not molestation but it sounds like it to me. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I would talk to the parents. It sounds more like bullying to me, but the parents need to know so they can keep a look out.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• OP here What exactly do I say to them? I don't want to start a fight with anyone or be the bad guy but this is scary to me. I would want to know if it were my kid having another child bullying him into touching his penis!! I just don't know how to tactifully and unaccusingly approach this subject. Thanks for everyone who responds.
    Anonymous

• I would say: listen I'm not trying to imply anything or accuse but something was brought to my attention and it just doesn't sit right wih me, and I maybe over reacting and I hope I am, but this is waht was told to me_____. I know boys play and such but the questions that came to mind are the reason I am letting you know. I also come as a concerned mother, because if ANY child of mine expeienced this I would want to know.
    My mom's neighbor noticed some odd behavior in my niece and didn't know how to tell my sis, and wasn't sure if she should. Upon hearing what she said I weighed it for a day or two and then decided to tell her despite the out come!!! Well I was made the bad guy and am now wondering if her friend set me up, but I felt better by bringing it to her attention!!! I cold not live if something was going on and I said nothing. All I'm trying to tell you is you have to live with this now too, so do what u feel u nd
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I don't think its sexually. I think it was a boy messing around and now he's embarrassed. The 8 year old needs to be disciplined about the peeing and the threatening. Both parents need to know. If your child was the 8 year old would you want to know? I'm sure both parents want to know.  Just say this came up and I thought you both should know.

Anonymous