HELP ME!!! Yeast infections...repeatedly...TMI

I'm currently 33 weeks and I've suffered from at least 7 yeast infections and 2 bouts of bacterial vaginosis. I've gone through serious amounts of antibiotics and I can feel another yeast infection coming on. I've got a OB appoinment on Wednesday, is there anything I should ask that they do different this time? Should I ask for IV antibiotics or something else? PLEASE...I'm MISERABLE!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just ask for a longer run of the meds, but I wouldn't worry too much when you are pregnant you can loose bacteria that prevent yeast infections due to hormones etc. Eat yogurt, lots and lots of yogurt. Have a long talk with doc about how it concerns you. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Why are they giving you antibiotics for a yeast infection? Monistat will take care of that one. Also antibiotics WILL give most women a yeast infection. If you can't take monistat or something along those lines ask for the diflucan pill, it is one pill that rids your body of a yeast infection. Also being pregnant can cause alot of yeast infections, have you changed your soap, laundry detergent or anything that comes in contact with that area? If you have another spell with BV, ask for the pill for when you finish the antibiotics..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I'm going to tell you what my ob told me! NO MASENGIL, SUMMER'S EVE FEMM PRODUCTS; NOT EVEN THE FEMM WASH, NO DOUCHING, NO FEMM SPRAYS OR POWDERS, USE ONLY DOVE, PURE & NATURAL, OR IVORY SOAP AND DO NOT WASH WITHIN JUST THE OUTER LABIA(LIPS) AREA, because all the items liste above throw our natural bacteria out of whack! It has to be pain yogurt to ward of yeast infections. I have followed ob's advice for a week now and notice a huge difference; and its not as stinky as I thought it would be and it doesn't smell like vagina either, it smell as clean as every other part of my body!!!! Get some of the Vagisil Anti Itch cream, it brings instant relief to the inner parts of the labia(lips). GL and I hope you feel better soon!!! And if you do tis it will prevent future bv as well; which you want because untreated bv can, can cause early birth!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• POSTER HERE:

Ladyd: I don't use any of those products and I do eat plain yogurt. Nothing has worked.
    Midnightmoma: I've tried the difulcan and the monistat...nothing, antibiotics gets rid of it for a week or two...then POP...here's another, I've also been perscribed those RX insertion creams, NADA!!!

Any other ideas???
    Anonymous

• well my 12yr old daughter gets the and the doc told us to have her wear loose clothes and no underwear at night when she sleeping and to put over the counter creams on because it was more like jock itch for girls so maybe try this......its work for my daughter for over two months now with no complaining.......
    Anonymous

• don't eat sugar, white bread, white rice, rice pasta...and don't wear a thong. (if you do any of those things)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2010