would you be able to....

Forgive your ex and be with him again? My ex was kind of verbally abusive ok maybe more than kind of. But i really miss him and think about him every day and have dreams about him. Im about to have my first child in a few days (being induced) and its his baby. I just want a life, i want a family, him n his gf jus broke up. Im not sure if he would change his ways. what in the world should i do? my family hates him but im serious, i miss him but want him to change his ways. please help and no bashing please, im in a confused n upsetting situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• NO GOOD. You will be better off with just you and your child. What he has done to you in the past will in return happen to your child. No decent MAN will beat up on a women, regardless of if it is just verbal, mental etc. STAY AWAY!! Especially since your family HATES him.!!! That's ALWAYS a good sign that he's a piece of shit!! Your better off!! Stay strong, and stay away!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Oh btw! Im not sure if he wants to get back with me but im just asking in case he does. He was my 1st love and we had something amazing together, i just need help!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I think that the common problem is many relationships is hoping/expecting someone else to change. Maybe he will, maybe not. But it's up to him. Getting back with him when he hasn't changed isn't doing you (or baby) any good.

Good luck with everything!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• If he is willing to I would say go in to counseling together and from there you can make a better decision about being together or not being together. Tell him that you might want to give you guys another try but you need him to change and counseling is helpful for that. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• He is abusive and your family does not like him, that might be a good clue to leave him alone. Every woman and child deserves someone to treat them right. You are lonely and scared right now, this is not the reason to take him back.. Learn from this and find what and who you deserve and that deserves you and your child :) Don't settle with someone that treats you badly, verbal can turn into physical very quick.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• You cant guarantee that he'll change or even that he'll want to take care of you and your child. Id say just leave it be. You dont want to risk him being abusive in any way toward the child. No matter how hard that may be, focus on yourself and that precious baby right now. The right man will come when you're ready.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• He was the first and only relationship you've ever had?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• lol no, he was my first LOVE. in other words the first man i truly loved. i have had other relationships but nothing compared to the way i felt for him.
    Anonymous

• i definitely would not go near him at least for a couple of years. right now you have to think about your baby and you don't want to have the distraction or the inconsistency for your baby.

it's normal to think about an ex, especially if it was your first love, and i think especially if it was a passionate relationship (which i think often abusive relationships are). but i honestly think the best thing for you and your baby is to stay away. you don't want to be back and forth with this guy for the next few years before finally deciding it's not going to work out.

good luck hon!
    Anonymous

• I had a guy that was about the same and we broke up and got back together more then I can remember. He NEVER changed. Then having a baby on top of it will probably make the whole situation worse and if he is abusive you dont wanna put your baby at risk. Just my opinion but I think you could find someone way better that you can truly LOVE someday. GL
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 8:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2010