Did you ever resent your baby?

I have a one month old beautiful little girl. And I cant stand her, shes fine to hold and love on, but when it comes to feeding or changing, or take care of her at all for that matter, I dont want anything to do with her! When my husband has her I get so jealous that shes with him and Im off cleaning or cooking, or even doing something I want to do. And I dont know why? I know I have PPD and Im being treated for it, but since I have gone on my meds, honestly its only gotten worse. What should I do? Did you ever feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no. i have had times where i wanted to be left alone, just because i wasn't feeling well, or tired. but i have never resented my daughter. she is my joy. i knew being a mom wasn't going to be an easy job, nontheless my husband and i decided to have a child and i can't imagine my life any other way now, regardless of the tantrums, or whatever. You need to talk to someone about how you feel, because you should be happy to be a mom and care for her in all the ways she needs.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 8:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• it will get better, i dont think anyone likes to change dipars,lol.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I have never felt this way. Even on days when my daughter has been really fussy, I've never resented her or been mad at her. I think you should tell your doctor that you've felt worse since going on the meds. Maybe you need a different dosage or a different type. Maybe even a different doctor? I don't know. I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• How long have you been on your meds for? I had PPD after my twins were born. It was truly a scary anxiety ridden mindjob.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• No, not even when she wakes me up in the middle of night screaming and I can't calm her down. I never felt this way with my 1nd.
    With my first yes I was very resentful. But I was just being selfish. I was only 18 years old, lived with my boyfriend out in the boonies... all of my friends just left for college and I was being a stay at home mom with barely any support. I was very resentful towards her. She also has a lot of medical problems, so that was extremely hard on me. Not only was I a teen mom, but I have a special needs child. I was young and dumb, I loved her, but I just wasn't ready to be a mom.. I had PPD also, but once I was put on my meds it only got worse for me as well. Then later on down the road I was diagnosed with environmental bipolar.

She is now 4 years old and I still feel soo bad for the way my thought process was but I love her dearly. I cannot change the past. I hope things get better! Hugs =)
    Anonymous

• I meant 2nd *
    Anonymous

• Give it time. Sometimes we just don't know what to think when we have PPD. Give the medicine sometime to work. If nothing changes go back into the doctors and explain to them whats going on! They are there to help you
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• There were times when I had to give things up because of her and I would feel resentful. There was one day I had to drop her off at my moms for awhile because I was so upset, but it got better. Maybe I became less selfish, like pp said about her 1st. Give the meds a little more time and if it doesn't get better in a couple months you might want to talk to your Doctor about it.
    Lorelai

Answer by Lorelai at 8:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I felt that way with my first. I was only 17 and I had just started my senior year in high school. His father is a POS and so I had to juggle going to school, working, and my son pretty much by myself (my parents helped when they could, but it was mostly all me). I loved that kid to death, but there were just times I wanted it to be over.

With your baby only being a month old, your hormones are going crazy. Honestly, I felt overwhelmed with all 3 of mine for the first few months. With the last two, I remember asking myself why the heck I opted to do it again! lol! It does get better though. Once things settle down and you get into a routine and she starts sleeping through the night. I wish you the best of luck!
    Anonymous

• Never i love my daughter, and I wouldn't be jealous of the relationship she has with my husband because I know I'm getting the better deal.
    I think you need to go back in and get your meds checked, it shouldn't be making it worse, and maybe get a therapist to talk about your feelings about her. you shouldn't be feeling that way, it might be normal to some people because they've gone through it, but its just not normal. you shouldn't feel that way about your child.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2010