What do you think? (Facebook)

While browsing through the web on Facebook are the people that you look at their profile know you are checking it out.

The other day I stumbled through my cousin's that I haven't talked to in years and boom the next day she tried to get ahold of me I just thought that was weird kindof makes me not even browse anymore. Not bc she wanted to get a hold of me just bc what if there is a way people can tell if you have been looking in their profile.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There is not a way people can tell who has browsed your profile.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 8:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Can others know when I view their profiles?
    Facebook currently does not provide an application that allows users to track profile views or statistics on the views of any specific user content. Third party developers, however, may offer applications that provide some of this functionality. Please keep a few things in mind for these applications:

Applications CANNOT track profile visits for users who simply go to another person's profile; Facebook has made this technically impossible.

In order to be tracked by an application, you will need to specifically agree to allow the application to track your actions.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• ughhhh...i hope not! its not true, right? lol...i was browsing a ex's wife's profile lol.

well anyway...that'd suck big a$$ if that was really true, i'd get myself in trouble for being a snoop
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• She's probably psychic, sometimes if Im thinking about someone a lot they will contact me too, nothing to do with facebook ..lol that's weird though...
    Anonymous

• You cannot tell who is looking at your profile. Mine is actually set to private and people can only see the most basic info..
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• They cannot see who is looking, but you know how you get those "write on their wall" things on the side of Facebook? I think they use the people who look at your profile as the ones to "write on their wall" suggestions. I don't know that for sure though just a hunch.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Also--sometimes someone from your friend's list pops up saying you haven't contacted them in a while.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2010