Do you like music that's considered "oldies"?

I love me some Temptations :D It makes me want to go lay in the middle of a grassy field during summer when I listen to old music, lmao.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 8:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love it, but my dad was an older dad and that was his music and it makes me feel a connection to him. I do love it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I love Journey...are they oldies yet? LOL

I mostly listen to the 80's and early 90's station though
    Anonymous

• i love music from the 60's and 70's and a few things from the 50's. i listened to it all the time in the car while growing up cause thats what my parents listened to but i think it rocks. my favorite music is Rock but throw some "oldies" my way and i'll get down
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 8:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• and music from the 80's is now considered oldies. if its 20 years old its an oldie
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 8:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Then so is music from the 90s
    Anonymous

• i love 50's early 60's music.. thats what my mom had us listen to when we were growing up.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I find it sad that people from my generation (late 80's and 90's kids) don't seem to appreciate older music that much. It may not pack as much of a "punch" as music does nowadays, but the melodies are so much better.

And anon...STREE-EET-LIGHTS, PEE-EE-PAL-AH-UH-AHHHHHHL!

:D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I love lots of old music and lots of different types too. Good music is good music, no matter when it was made.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 8:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• When I turned on the oldies station and heard "Rock the Casbah" playing, I was devastated! When I am older than the songs on teh oldies station, it's a little upsetting! lol

So, yes, I love "oldies" music! I can really get in to 40-50s, even some 60s, but 70's or "classic" rock and I just don't mix. I love 80's and 90's though. It's just a period of about 15 years or so that I can't stand. The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin just give me a headache... Other than that small part of music history there isn't to much I can't get in to...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• For me, Oldies would be Pat Boone,Frankie Avalon, The Coasters, Paul ANka, ELvis. I guess it was good but I liked the 60's and 70's much better.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2010