What is the best place to live in COLORADO???

Im moving there in june or so and ive been looking at really nice places. Unfortunately, i read reviews on them and people say its "a great place to live if youre a drug dealer". I live in California and i have never had to deal with drug dealers or my car being broken into. I want a place that is safe for my 11 month twins, 1100 is my LIMIT on rent. Does anyone know where a great place is in colorado? Thanks everyone!

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My DH and I have lived in Colorado for several generations. Stay away from Aurora. There are many wonderful places to live. Where is you or your husband going to be working?
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Colorado Springs!!! Born and raised! :) Also fort collins is nice.
    Anonymous

• If you are DH have a high paying career or lots of cash from the sale of your California home, then I would really move to the Stapleton area of Denver. That is super nice. The suburbs of Denver are also good, especially Littleton, most of Lakewood, Castlerock, Highlands Ranch, and some of Northglenn and Thornton. It really will depend on where your jobs are because commuting can be a pain if you live too far away.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Agreed for both!!! I'm just waiting to find out where they will be working. It would really suck to move to Colorado Springs when your job is in the Colorado Tech Center in Louisville.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Great Areas: Parker, Boulder, Broomfield, Colorado Springs, Castle Rock, Northglenn, Thornton....

Avoid these areas: Downtown Denver, Aurora, Montbello, Commerce City, Five Points....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jan. 11, 2010