how many people are allowed in the delivery room with you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Health

• Different hospitals have different policies. The hospital where I had my first said I could have as many people as I wanted. The hospital where I had my second said I could have as many people as I wanted during labor, and two people other than my support person (i.e., if I'd had a doula, she wouldn't have counted) during delivery. Both said one person other than a doula in the OR in case of C-section.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Here in Va we could only have 2.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• As many as you want as long as they are not in the way of the medical staff, they can't tell you who to allow or not put your foot down if they do try.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• It depends on the hospital. Where I was it was completely up to me. I only wanted my DH, but with my youngest my mother snuck in as well... They wouldn't have cared if I had 25 people in there though, it was all up to me...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• when I had my son 3 yrs ago it was only 2 at the hospital I had him at here in texas
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 9:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• It depends on where you are giving birth. I only ever wanted my dh with me at the time of delivery, because it was a special time for just the two of us, but I had lots of family in and out while I was in labor.

Answer by missanc at 9:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2010