new car

99 ford explorer - good? bad? 145,000 miles
looking at buying tomorrow
thanks

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What engine, 4wd, 2wd? How much are they asking? Have you looked at the blue book?
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I looked it up on Consumer Reports for you. It is not rating very well. It is said to be a reliability nightmare and not valued more than $3000. A newer model Ford Escape rates MUCH better.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• mmmm.. it depends on how its running. its alot of miles. but its not always about miles! ya know. so if it cranks up and runs great go for it. can we know somethn tho how much is it running for? i wouldnt pay anything for than 2,800$ but this bad thing is ford explorers esp the older ones they are terrible on GAS! i have a car but i was lookig at getting a explorer bc i like suv's better but so much worse on gas. the lady i used to work or she has a newer ford explorer a 06 i blieve shes paying at least 80$ a week for gas. she doesnt drive ALOT but average. idk
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 9:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• There's a huge difference between 2wd, and a 4wd, the engine size, the shape the body is in, rust , paint etc.. I was going to send the info on to my Hubby, that knows cars really well, and he will give you his opinion.. Just let me know.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I am not in a situation where I have my choice of any car, mine died fri......I am dealing with this one place that will help me, most wont with my credit, and im a single mom so i cant afford much. the other 2 i was looking at tonight have pretty bad ratings, and most of the ones i looked on on this one were pretty good....
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2010