if you had your first baby "late", was your next baby "late" too?

hi! i'm in my 2nd trimester of my second pregnancy.

my son was born at 41 weeks, which i don't really consider "late", just after his EDD.

I have been fighting against this assumption that this baby will also come after his/her EDD but I want to try to get that out of my head. I'm scared my baby will be born like a week or 2 early and I'll be totally unprepared because i've been planning on a 41 week baby again. i know the baby will come when s/he's ready so i need to get it out of my head that s/he will definitely come "late"

thanks for sharing your experience.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My oldest was 42weeks and a few days. My second was 41.5 weeks but we induced with him, he would have been later...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I had both mine early...so in my case, the timing of my first was a good indicator of when the second would come.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• both of my babies were 2 weeks late!
    eshll

Answer by eshll at 9:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Nope, one late three early!! All pregnancies are different.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• My 1st was a week late and I was induced...after everyone telling me that the 2nd comes sooner, I was anxious from about 36 weeks on....he was a week late too and I had to be induced, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• daughter was right on time she came 39.5 weeks an my son came2 weeks late! so i decided since my ob wont let me do a vabck elective c section is the way an its all scheduled sometime around the 12th of feb they are shooting for since im due feb 22nd!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• My first was 5 days early second was 8 days over and this third one is ten days off so im crossing my fingers she will be here any day now!!
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 10:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• My first was 1 day early and my second was 9 days late! This one....?????? Who knows!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Whatever will be, will be~~ ;-)

My second came a week later than my first.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• #1 was 41 weeks
    #2 was 39 weeks and
    #3 was induced somewhere between 38-40 weeks (dr and I didn't see eye to eye on theEDD)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2010