"new" car

99 ford explorer...good? bad? experience?
145k miles
Looking at buying tomorrow.
Thanks

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The Ford Explorer we owned was a 1998. It had 3 engines in it. It kept breaking the rear timing belt. I liked the cosmetics of the vehicle but not the rest.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Sorry. I'm not a Ford lover! But that is a lot of miles! Try to find some sites to research them. I hope you won't be paying too much! Look for Recalls!! A car fax anything you can find out! You don't want to buy someone elses troubles! Before I'd reply on your question too is ask for the engine! Like for example my car has a 2.6. Which is differnet then a 3.3's stats and relability! Its a tough one to answer! For I'm sure you're spending some hard earned and saved money. You hope to have something trusthworthy and dependable! I also am sure when I ask people on their cars all they know! When I'm alone I snoop and check over this Car Really, really Well! I'm under the hood in the trunk under the Car in the glove Box! I snoop for any issues it has!! I listen to the engine Run Well! I smell for any Smells I don't like or any sounds! I check the exhaust pipe for rich fuel burning ,carboned up Etc.. I try to be thorough' G-L!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• No, there is a reason it was the #1 #3 and #4 most traded in "clunker".
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt pay over $500 for it! I had one and for the first couple of years it was fine but it ad ALOT of problems when the miles were put on it! I would say NO but if you know who had it maybe. There are better cars that year that will run w/ 145k miles. BUYER BE WARE!
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 9:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• CRAP
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2010