Is it a sin to smoke marijuana?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, but it's stupid.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• If it hinders one from providing for their families, then yes. Also, are we talking "sin" like in the bible or "sin" as in is it wrong.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 9:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• If it will harm the body it is.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Doesn't really matter if it's a sin, it's illegal. God can't save you from jail,lol..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I don't think it is.
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Its a sin b/c since its illegal its not obeying the law by smoking it. I can only see it not being a sin if its used for madisimbal (yeah 'cause spell that word, but you know what I mean) purposes and prescribed by a doctor.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I didn't ask if people thought it was stupid or if it was illegal or not. I asked if it was a sin. And I mean,is it seen as a sin toward God.
    Anonymous

• medicinal...
    Anonymous

• STOLEN, but I liked it;
    1 Corinthians 6:19
    What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

You body is a temple and should not be defiled.
    Same reason for not getting tattoos.

Yes marijuana grows naturally and God gave it for our use but not for something that will harm your body. There are a lot of other uses other than smoking it.

edit: Funny. I used to smoke it too so i understand your point but God wants you to rely on Him, and be happy with Him not drugs that alter your mind. Basically if u need pot to get happy rather than just knowing God then its not cool
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 9:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Also, the Bible states that one should not drink for drunkeness. I believe that pot falls in this category as well.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 9:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2010