What do you stock up on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• chocolate!!!!!!!!!! and now I am out and miserable

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• We buy the great big jars of peanut butter. We use alot if it, we have a picky daughter who doesn't eat much meats or beans. We also buy alot of different types of nuts, we all love them for breakfast and snacks as well as in many dishes I make. We stock up on stuff for lunch boxes like yogurt, fruit, etc. We have a variety of cereals for quick breakfasts and snacks.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Rice
    Noodles
    Cereal
    CelticMom82

Answer by CelticMom82 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• seasonings and sauces- bbq, ketchup, taco seasoning, etc
    rice, pasta
    on sale meats (like suuuuper low priced meats, i never EVER buy full priced)
    frozen veg
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 9:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Everything. The only things we don't stockpile when they're on sale is fresh produce that can't freeze.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• My husband and i have an O SHIT box, it's full of can food, mason jars full of sugar, rice and beans. we are always stocking something else in it. for our everyday living it's what ever is on sale when we have extra cash! And I am always buying yarn! If the shit hits the fan i can barter for knitted stuff!!
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 9:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Everything that can be stored or frozen.
    I buy flour in 25lb bags because I make all our bread and lsome pastas
    canned goods
    small pasta noodles
    frozen veggies
    sale meats
    seasonings
    dried beans
    rice
    I make 99% of our food from scratch so I stock up on very basic stuff to make it
    SuperPickle

Answer by SuperPickle at 10:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Drinks, they go fast around here, I am almost concerned at the amount of juice and non water beverages that are consumed in a day. I have to hide drinks for myself if I don't want to miss out or buy what nobody else likes.
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 2:35 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Peanut butter
    Rice
    Jam
    meat
    butter
    When something goes on sale I will buy as much of it as I can because with 6 kids everything goes pretty fast. I cook from scratch.....everyday and so it really doesn't sit in the pantry all that long!!
    mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 9:13 AM on Jan. 11, 2010