• In the Spotlight:

Do you have an out of state contact person for emergencies?

How about an emergency evacuation plan? Do you know where you would go if you had to leave your area?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I would go to my grandma's.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yes, and I do have an evacuation plan. We live in NC. There are a lot of hurricanes.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yep, we have family in NJ and in MO and AK, I do not use an out of state emercency contact.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Salexander, when there is an emergency usually you cannot get through to people in the area where you are. It is recommended that everyone have an out of state contact to check in with. So all family members would contact the same out of state person. That way you can find out if your family who is across town is ok in an emergency because you won't be able to call them, but you would be able to call out of state. I don't know why, but that is what we have found in hurricaines and earthquakes.
    Anonymous

• I don't use an out of state emergency contact either. However, I have family in NY, FL, VA and friends in other states . . . but where I live, we don't get hurricanes, earthquakes or tornados really . . . just snow and not that much of that.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Funny you ask.....I asked my DH about this the other night and we both agree that we need to plan an emergency bin, learn the emergency evacuation route, and have a plan.
    Yes, we have an out-of-state emergency contact....some family down in FL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2010