Can a tooth ache make your heart beat fast?

I've had a mouth ache. But we're jobless and no insurance. It seems all day to throb and keep my heart racing. Beating Faster. Is this possible? In our Area for Low income is a one year wait for just a Cleaning with a dentist! Other dentsists here are a Cash only basis. If you have a account with them! So I don't know what to do! We're in a real bad place right now. The last 10 years for our family has been horrible. As for our church during our darkest hours and in time of need. Due to jobloss and injuries, accidents and crimes doine to us. We were told we were no longer members since we didn't donate enough!! The only good thing is our DDs are amrried and on their own. Times are tough here with jobloss and lay offs. I feel very hopeless andDEPRESSED. I'm wondering if there are any home remedies for a bad tooth or teeth?? Years ago when it swellled my mouth, face and Eye shut I went to the ER. But they couldn't help me!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Health

• You might just have to go to a dentist as an emergency at a local clinic,
    ibuprofen/motrin is an excellent anti-inflammatory drug that you can get over-the-counter. asprin is for headaches not anything inflamed.
    It sounds abscessed and in need of antibiotics. I think the blood flow seems pulsating when the area around the tooth is in pain and or loose. Pain might be a factor in your heart beating faster as well. I wish you luck and hope you get it pulled soon because it could cause long term effects on you.

leicthweis8003

Answer by leicthweis8003 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• If you are in constant pain, then yes, it can increase your heart rate. Pain causes adrenaline to be released, which increases heart rate and other stress symptoms... I can't help with the rest, though. I just don't know any home remedies other than the obvious (pain relievers, ibuprofin, on-the-spot ointment...).
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 10:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Pain increases your heart rate. Get to a dentist as an emergency asap. A bad tooth can turn into other nasty infections that spread. Home remedies will not fix the need your body has for antiboitics. If they will not treat you on an emergency basis then talk to a doctor.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yikes to the first poster..Aspirin is an anti-inflammatory medication. It has far more medicinal properties than just headaches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2010