Weaning off breast

My son is 15 months and only nursing at night for bed. What are some ways to wean him off the breast completely?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just offer him milk before bed. What I pretty much did was one night I went to my neighborhood association meeting and came home and my DH put her to bed before I could feed her so that pretty much work. So, if you need to, have someone else put your son to bed at night time so he won't be upset you are putting him to bed w/out breast milk.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Is he asking to nurse or are you offering it? If he asks for it try to offer him and alternative or a distraction, like cuddling and reading a story. The next time he asks, just say no firmly and re-direct his attention.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• re-direct his attention. focus on going to bed. if he asks, just say in a little bit or in a few minutes. hold it off for as long as you can. if he needs to nurse, then he needs to nurse. but, if you keep holding it off and redirecting his attention, he should forget all about it.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 12:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2010