how long do you date someone before you know that you want to get married?

cyndilou76

Asked by cyndilou76 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I honestly went in one date and knew this was the man I wanted to marry. We dated for 7 months and then got married. We've been married for over a year now :)
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Hubby and I dated for 6 months before getting married, after about 4 months I knew he was the one. The 17th we will celebrate our 18th year of marriage !!!!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• wish I knew :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I knew on our first date but had to wait a year to get married since I was underage.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• 2 years
    Anonymous

• I knew after our first date that we would get married. We have been together almost 12 yrs....
    mrimom

Answer by mrimom at 9:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I think it all depends. I knew I would marry my ex the very first time I ever saw him. My boyfriend...I knew on our 1st date we'd be serious, on our second date that I loved him, and by about 3 weeks in I was pretty sure I'd want to marry him someday. We haven't gotten to that point yet, but I think we will.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i knew right away.. we moved to another state after dating for about 3 months lol.. got ingaged 6 months after meeting and got married 1 year after meeting.. we will be together for 2 years in february and we are expecting our first child in august! :)
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I think it takes months to truly love someone. You have to get to know them before you can love them. I think the amount of time differs depending on your age, your maturity level and how much time you spend/day or week with that person. If either of you have kids already, the time you spend dating should increase exponentially. I dated my husband for 2 1/2 years before we got married. We were both in our 30s, I had kids, he did not. I knew I loved him after about 4-5 months, but we took things very slowly due to the kids.

Answer by missanc at 10:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• We were dating about 2 weeks when I knew I was in love with him. I'm not sure how long we'd been dating when I knew I would marry him. Probably a couple of months. We've been married 12 years now.
    Anonymous