Diet Aids

I plan on trying one, but would like to hear some reviews from some of you moms =) I want something that helps with energy and help lose some weight. I haven't started going to a gym yet, but will start by the end of this week. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• while they are not the best method, I've taken them. tried quite a few actually... unfortunately I have not found the same results since ephedra use stopped. Ephedra did wonders! but noooo some idiot parent let their teen with an eating disorder OD on it and now it's a big no-no.
    Anonymous

• I drunk the slim quick packets. Its like crystal light you just mix it in water. It gave me tons of energy, from what I understand its not the best because of the amount of caffeine and stuff. BUT I had lots of energy and and it did help me curve my appetite.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Whatever you do do NOT try the Alli pills!!!!!

I tryed them and well GROSS!!!! Let me just say,you will have orange greesy underwear LOL. I googled them after this and found it wasn't just me,others were complaining of the same thing.I of coarse after few short days of this happening,threw the bottle away!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• oh and you can always join this site,they are really great at helping people lose weight.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 12:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2010