My Bf is an alcoholic he wont admit he is and its breaking my heart.

Ive been with my Bf for nearly 7 years now, we have a 4 year old Daughter and I have a 12 yr old Son from a previous relationship. I love him dearly but his drinking is getting out of hand again!!! Ive had problems in the past with his drinking when I was pregnant with our daughter and I left him and it seemed to work the shock factor. But now its getting worse, he has a manual job which he is fine doing but then goes straight to the pub on the way home. He is there for 2-3 hours while we wait for him to get in. He used to do the food shopping but I realised the shopping was costing more. It wasnt he was holding money back without telling me so he would have enough to ' just nip to the shop ' but he knows and I know he is actually going to the pub. He went out on Xmas Eve and got very drunk and ruined our Xmas, this friday he just nipped out for 7 hours and got very drunk and abusive to my friend whom he saw out. Help please!

Angel180

Asked by Angel180 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• And are you going to sit around and wait for him to change? I'm sure you guys fight about it all the time. Do what you need to do for you and your kids. I'm just gonna say this, please, I'm not being mean, but I resent my step mom for staying with my alcoholic father and my three sisters had the shittiest family life. They are successful but they won't get married, they have trust issues, and have no value in family because of it. Get help or get out please!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Speaking from experience, it is incredibly difficult to live with someone like this. He either needs to quit or you need to leave for good.
    Anonymous

• of course hes not going to admit to being a drunk...its not hurting him. He doesnt realize that its hurting everyone else. My ex was the same way....He spent close to 200 dollars a week in beer and smokes (not counting his drug habbit) If you ask me, that is being selfish and it takes away from the rest of the family. You could use the money that he is spending on himself to put towards a family vacation! You will never be able to argue that fact with him though. You should get away from him and start a better life for yourself if he cant change. You usually cant change a person like this.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• as a child that grew up in a home with an alchoholic father if he doesnt get help for real you have to remove yourself and your child from the situation - its hard, its heart breaking - but growing up with a drunk dad in the house is worse, and the effects of that last a life time
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• SOUNDS like to me---
    He needs to HIT ROCK BOTTOM
    and
    YOU NEED TO LEAVE,
    and yes, I have been there..
    THEY, can quit drinking for a couple of months,
    They will tell you
    They can smokepot....to get...... them by..
    DO NOT FALL FOR IT!!!!!!!
    It is a mess, honey you , need out .
    come to my profile and apply to group, if YOU REALLY WANT HELP.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2010