What's your favorite Bible verse?

Mine is;in phillipians, He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it,meaning my faith,for those who never heard that one.For sincere Christians please.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 9:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God Matthew 5:9. I am in a career that this hits home.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 9:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

Answer by Bmat at 9:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Do not fear, for I am with you: Do not anxiously look about you, for I am y our God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

This verse has gotten me through ALOT of hard times.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• in love1 Corinthians 13 will always be my fave and not cause of that movie with Mandy moore but I looked for that in love and found it in my husband. I know it sounds cliche lol

leicthweis8003

Answer by leicthweis8003 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• The lord leads you into troubled waters not to drawn you but to cleanse you.
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• One that too many do not follow:

But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you. Matthew 5:44
    Anonymous

• Thank you anon10:08!!! I love the entire book of psalms, because in my darkest, weakest, saddest, betrayed moment, hour, day, or week(s); it reminds me to put faith in God and remeber that even when I think He's abandoned me(depending on what I'm going through)that he never did, that He was watching me and waiting for me to finally call upon Him. My favorite verse was when David asked God why his enemies have become so many(psalms chapter 3), and that chapter goes on to tell us to never fear man or allow them to effect us negatively because God will deal with them soon enough!!! The book of psalms touched me in my childhood, it taught me how to draw close to God, when to let God step in when I feel too weak to deal with some thing, how God wants me to depend on Him not just for getting me out of something but to trust and believe He will be there in my hour of calling! David taught me to put complete faith and trust in God!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Isaiah 30:21 "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying "This is the way walk in it." My other favorite verse is Malachi 3:16-18 " Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name. "They will be mine" says the Lord Almighty, "in the day when I make up my treasured possession I will spare them, just as in compassion a man spares his son who spares him. And you will see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not."
    thank you for sharing ladies!
    Emma7-11-09

Answer by Emma7-11-09 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• 1 Corinthians 10:13 ~~ No temptation has taken you except what is common to man. God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able, but will with the temptation also make the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:15 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I have been avoiding this question because I have such a hard time picking a favorite. Especially tonight!!! I am just going to have to say the whole thing!!!
    Good question : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:39 AM on Jan. 11, 2010