What would you do if your child became a teen parent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Support them and love them.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• support him or her! enough said!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Support them. I found out I was pregnant 3 days before I turned 18. My family was really supportive. My husband was 16 at the time. His parents were not. His mother said alot of mean things and that still puts a damper on our relationship still to this day. His dad went ape shit punched a whole in the wall and disappeared for hours. Im not saying that I wouldnt be mad, but its hard enough being a teen parent so being in that situation supportive parents made it easier then non-supportive.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I do not know!!!! My lil sis got pregnant at 12.5!!! My idiot mother allowed her bf to move in. I got to the point of it was him or me, so I went to dm with my concerns/issues and she told me that if he left she'd follow and she can't loose her, she couldn't chance that even though I was right, so I left. In a way I want to be supportive but a par of me wants to say: you made this choice, you want to be grown and think you're capable of raising a child then you no longer need to be in my supervision and or home, go do your best and raise your baby as you see fit in your own home and I hope you do better than
    I did because obviously I failed you some where; but that seems so cold to me! I think I would sit her down and find out her thoughts and feelings and go from there. I might even suggest abortion or adoption(abortion only because she is so young and the baby might not make unless she's had a period over 2yrs any way!). ?
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• They would know how disappointed we are. After that, we would support them and love them 100%. We would require that they finish school and care for the baby and make arrangements themselves. We wouldn't become the live-in babysitters. We wouldn't say mean things to either child, but would require they take responsibility. I would also support them if they chose adoption.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I would introduce him or her to the grown up world of life.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Well, since I have sons Id make sure he went and got a decent job to help support his child. Id buy a few outfits and maybe some diapers for my grandchild and Id encourage my son to go to a few drs appts with the girl(esp. the u/s's).

I would emotionally support my son but would not bail him out financially or let him step away from his responsibilities.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• My dd was a teen parent. I was not thrilled but I helped get her through it and she learned a valuable lesson. She took her responsibility seriously and she and my grandson both grew up to be great assets to the community. It can work out well.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Hopefully, before my daughter becomes sexually active, she will have discusses with her boyfriend how they will handle an unplanned pregnancy.

I would be devasted. I would support her decision emotionally (no guarantees of financial support). I would encourage her to have an abortion or give the baby up for adoption.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Support them and become the best darn grandmother ever. :)

I would also be the biggest pain in the a$$ if my daughter felt like dropping out of school (not going to happen) or not help with her own child. That also goes for the boy/man who helped make the baby! And if he is a minor then I would expect his parents to step up to the plate and be a part of the whole life-changing process. I can be quite demanding and motivating when I have to be. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2010