Mac and cheese

What is your fave type? Do you like the simple powder type from a box or the liquid cheese (cheese whiz) from a box or do you like a simple homemade sort or do you like a more sophisticated homemade type with fancy cheeses and such?
I am just curious because mac n cheese is one of those comfort dishes that most people love but there are so many different types now. What is your favorite? Me I love any type of homemade mac n cheese and I love the strong stinky cheeses too!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I love the homemade and I will make that before a boxed mac and cheese. However when I dont feel like making it I eat the velveeta mac and cheese. Its super cheesy.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I like the velveeta mac and cheese.
    vowens82

Answer by vowens82 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Homemade for sure! My kids really like the sneaky chef recipe or we have my grandmas recipe that is fantastic!
    SuperPickle

Answer by SuperPickle at 10:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i love them all
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 10:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I like the kraft and after it is preparred, I mix a can of tomato soup w/out water or milk and mi it all together and it is so good!

for really good mac-n-cheese, I get it from the refrigerated section I think it's called Bob Evans also stouffer's is excellent! I'm not much for gourmet cooking,lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:43 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Kraft!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Gag, we don't eat it.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I love to eat any and all of it. I can't cook homemade to save my neck though, no one will eat it when I try! My kids love the powder stuff, and when it's for the whole family we like the velveeta-type boxes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Macaroni & Cheese
    Preheat oven to 350Ëš
    2.5 Cups Pasta (something hearty but not too large; i use smallwhole wheat shells)
    2 Cups Milk
    1 Cup Breadcrumbs
    4 TBS melted Butter
    2 TBS Flour
    3 Eggs, lightly beaten
    ½ tsp Salt
    ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
    ½ Cup Gruyere Cheese, shredded (you can sub cheddar or your favorite)
    1 Cup Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
    Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain but do not rinse. Combine the milk, flour, salt, pepper and eggs in a large bowl; whisk until smooth and well blended. Toss the two cheeses together. Put half of the pasta into the bottom of a lightly greased casserole dish; top with most of the cheese and add the rest of the pasta. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta and cheese. Drizzle with 2 TBS of melted butter and top with the remaining cheese.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2010