my 14 year old wants to kill herself, what should i do?

She wote me a letter telling me that she has tried killing herself many times!
But she is a drama queen so are there any signs to tell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• It doesn't matter if she is a "drama" queen. Call a hotline and get her committed and some help. Better to be safe then burying her.
    Anonymous

• If she's saying it, that's serious enough. Take her to the hospital for an emergency evaluation.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i agree with above poster
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Are you kidding me!? Get her into THERAPY FIRST THING TOMORROW.
    Anonymous

• I have to agree. You can't take that chance. Call and get her help

Answer by admckenzie at 10:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• From the person who wrote this:
    Im just not sure if i need to she asks happy
    Anonymous

• Most people say that when they talk about it that they are just looking for attention, that it's the ones that don't say anything are the ones you have to worry about. But I agree with everyone else who posted here that it should not be something that should be ignored, get here to a terapist to get to the root of the problem (or if there is a problem). This is your child even if she hasn't tried to harm herself she is thinking in that manner and that is a sign of depression and either way it's hard to see your child go through anytype of pain, so I would def seek help for her immediatly. GL
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Run,DO NOT WALK, to the ER with your daughter RIGHT NOW!
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 10:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• She is telling/infoming you of how low she has gotten and that she sees this as the only way out!!! Your daughter is reaching out to you,so grab her hand and let her know you are there and you do care!!!! And please get her into therapy, because something is eating at her!!!! When I was molested by my cousin when I was 9, I did not understand what had happened until I saw a talk show 4-5yrs later and these women were talking about stuff my cousin did to me and I noticed I was experiencing some of the same feelings, thoughts, guilts, etc. Even when I told my mom aout what took place and finding my grandpa dead almost 2 yrs after the molestation started, it was not enough for her to get me into therapy! I learned from my grandpa's death how to wear a mask; I knew then that as long as I was ok, then my mom would be ok, some how she made me the rock of our fam. She needs help, but most of all u! I speak from experience, I was ther
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• pretty sure that the letter she wrote you is a tell tale sign......get her into counseling ASAP
    lilasmommy418

Answer by lilasmommy418 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2010