Does getting older bother you?

Gray hair ,wrinkles.I think it bothers me more to see my family getting older.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not a bit! I am currently 33 and have had gray hair since I was 17, I LOVE IT!!!! I wish my all my hair was gray!! I love getting older!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• yes. i try to stay optimistic and stop seeing the depressing side of it. i see my mom, almost 60, and see how fast it came since she raised me and im 24 now. it depresses me to think that one day, my 3 year old will be an old woman- and my 1 year old son, an old man. ugh. shouldnt have answered- getting teary over here
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 11:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• a little, yes, and I'm still in my 20's . sad.. I know
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I don't mind the actual getting older, but I could do without the aches and pains! I have developed 2 auto-immune diseases, and they are not pleasant.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I keep forgetting I'm getting older...until the aches and pains remind me!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yeah...mostly because of health problems. Though I guess wrinkles do bother me too. I'll get over that though cuz it's one of those things you can't do anything about...but my father has diabetes, he is overweight, and has trouble sleeping. I don't have any of those kinds of problems and I wonder how well I would cope when I'm older...especially when I hit menopause. My hormones are already kinda crazy...I just can't imagine...that's the part of getting older that scares me...will I be happy? Will I adapt? What will my quality of life be? I've been to adult homes too...and the residents look so miserable some of them anyway, not all of them...sometimes the residents will wander into the room of the person you are visiting and I wonder if anyone visits them when they do that? How will my children treat me? Will they care for me or stick me in a home??? Those are some of my greatest fears. Growing older does bother me
    Pristine_Dream

Answer by Pristine_Dream at 11:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I'm 46 and I'm loving my 40's.  I don't have grey hair and I can pass for 35.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Nope!!! To me wrinkles, & gray hair show wisdom and strength. I am kissing 30 and at first I was fretful but now I'm looking at it as just another year, another year to conquer and over come just like the last 29!!!! I remember a lady that had grey in her hair took off her wig because it was driving her crazy and asked if she looked old or like aunt Jamima,and I honestly told her no, and how my grandpa had silver hair and I never saw him as old but I could see his wisdom and strength. All the other young women agreed with me and she swore we were lying to make her feel better; but that's not my style!!! I'm teaching my kids that grey hair and wrinkles are an honor to have because we lived long enough to get them! And beauty dos not define who we are as a person; its only the cover of our book. Hollywood has people's perception of what young looks like that people forget what natural beauty is! I will always push the envelope!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• No, as with wine you can get better with age. I am closing in on 40 but I don't look nor feel like it. I take good care of myself so that in turns helps the physical and mental state I am in .
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• No, I'm 29 and I always thought I'd be one to freak out when I turned 30. I don't look it, and I won't look my age for a LONG time. I look 12. LOL.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2010