why is nipple stimulation causing cramps????

Tonite my hubby was rubbing my nipples and I started cramping in my lower stomach, in the area where you cramp with your period. When he first started it, it seemed really sensitive then went straight to cramping. It got so bad I had to ask him to stop. I am not pregnant that I know of, if I am I would only be a few weeks and I dont think if I was nipple stimulation could cause cramping like that, that earlier or could it? I am not breastfeeding either. My son is almost 3 yrs old and he was last BF at a week and I had to stop cause I didnt produce enough. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks in advance ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Health

• it released a chemical called oxitocin (sp?) which is the natural form of pitocin, which is used to induce labor. that is why they say to avoid it if you are having issues w preterm labor.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• That does happen, as a PP said, when a woman is near giving birth or has recently given birth. The chemical is supposed to help a woman who has recently given birth to return to normal uterine size by letting her body know that the baby is out and is breastfeeding. But... Since your child is not anywhere near a newborn, I haven't a clue why that would happen! Maybe its just a coincidence, and you are just having regular ol' cramps?
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• MIGHT HE CLOSE TO YOUR PERIOD? MY BOOBS ARE EXTRA SENTITIVE THEN. WOULD NOT HURT TO CALL DOCTOR AND GET CHECKED OUT TO BE SAFE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2010