What can I do to make a change in him? (Drinking too much energy drinks)

My dh drinks alot of those energy drinks I am concern bc he has high blood pressure, slight arthritis and is overweight we don't eat right pretty much anything we eat out often we don't exercise. I shouldn't b talking but he is the one having all these health issues what can I do to help him he works alot of nights at times and he uses this to help him keep him self up.

Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Health

• Introduce 5 hour energy shots. I drink energy drinks but I actually like the taste....If I didnt I would drink 5 hour shots. The energy last longer and they are not as bad for you.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Oh boy, this is a tough one.
    I myself have started to use Slim Fast as a supliment for my breakfast.
    I work a split shift and it's tough to eat correctly and find the time to workout.
    Those energy drinks are so popular.
    I know that Red Bull is the drink of choice around here!
    However, you have a right to be concerned if he has BP issues!!
    Have you tried just being honest with him?
    Maybe have him try and Herbal awake remedy for a week and see if it helps!
    Good luck mama!
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 11:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• He has to want to change himself. Hopefully he'll get a wake up call and realize that he could die.
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• buy him some vitamin b-12 it will help his body produce natural energy.he can go to the dr. ands get a b-12 shot as well.it really does help.
    luvmybabies1

Answer by luvmybabies1 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Vitamin water is a great alternative. I know how addicting energy drings are, myself. My husband & I struggled with it. Now we just have a couple cups or coffee in the morning. And dring Gatorade, vitamin water, juice, and reg. water. Energy drinks are bad for you if you drink them in excess.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:43 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• They also have thosse energy packets that u mix with water. Its supposed to be loaded with vitamins & give good kick start. Push for healthier options. They are out there.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I agree that your DH should be concerned about drinking them when he has BP issues - I know this from experience. I also know from experience that those drinks are, quite literally, addicting as hell and you can actually go through withdrawals from stopping them. You can get caffiene headaches, irritability, etc. Anyway, I agree w/ a PP - Vitamin B is the way to go. Maybe start out with B12, but that doesn't do it for a lot of people. However, there is a super B vitamin out there, called "B 50", that is the most amazing energy booster you've ever seen on a store shelf. It is difficult to get used to, at first, but it is basically a combo of several B vitamins that, together, are the most effective thing in the world. Like I said, hard to get used to at first (they make you feel like you are on legal speed at first) but after a few tries they are simply a great energy booster. Look at a pharmacy in the supplements.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 11, 2010