Has anyone else had vaginal discomfort?

I am 8 wks, and this is my first pregnancy so I am not sure what to expect. Today I have had this weird feeling around my vagina. It doesn't really hurt, it just doesn't feel normal. Has anyone else experienced this, is it normal?

JANAPICK

Asked by JANAPICK at 11:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Pressure even that early can happen.
    You have a life growing up in there and that causes the body to change and switch things.
    Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!!!!
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 11:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yes. When the uterus is stretching and growing the body reacts to preparing for the baby. As the uterus shifts and adjusts to prepare to hold and carry your lil bundle of joy, you will feel and notice aches and pains in places you didn't know could have pain. I would try a little Tylenol if it becomes too bother some; no ibuprofen at all, go to babycenter.com for meds safe to take while pregnant, even for colds they have what's ok and not ok. Don't take showers or baths that are hot enough to turn your skin red because it can cause dizziness, a sense of dehydration, and nausea(sometimes); learned this the hard way, but too hard headed to stop(I have eczema and super hot water brings relief to my itching). If you ever have questions for the ob, write them down because sometimes pregnancy can help us be forgetful and put them in your purse. Wait until 4-5 months to start buying baby items, or until you find out sex. Or ask CM!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Thats how I first knew I was pregnant :) Normal.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2010