Are there any permanent hair-dyes in odd colors like blue or green?

All the ones I see are in specialty stores and only last a week or two. I want some permanent (which I know is not really permanent but lasts a bit longer) type of dye. I would actually love to find a gray hair dye, I have many gray hairs and would love to go all gray but everything in the drug store covers gray. I would prefer to buy from a store but if anyone knows of a site which offers well made alternative hair-dyes, I would be interested in that as well. Organic dyes would be a major plus, thanks!!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I think you can buy these type dyes at Sally's Beauty Supply.

http://stores.sallybeauty.com/
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Or Hot Topic has awesome hair colors that actually stay those colors! :)
    Have Fun!
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 11:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• not permanent as a hairstylist they have some in Sally beauty supply in different colors and they will last for like 1-2 weeks .....
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 11:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• hubby got his at CVS, lasted like 3 months... but that stuff fades something aweful!
    Anonymous

• my friends daughter got her hair dyed blue at a beauty salon so yes they are out there....it is only a stip of her hair that is blue but it is permanent
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 11:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I use unusual hair colors myself and had trouble finding permanent ones as well. I found more permanent ones at professional beauty supply stores, like Sally's or Maly's ... if nothing else, you can go to one of those stores and just ask them which ones last the longest in the color you want. You can just buy what ya need, they come with directions, and do it yourself. That's what I did. :) Good luck!
    guyzmom

Answer by guyzmom at 11:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• dd used cool-aid to dye hair red and it stayed for months. grey not sure why you want all your hair grey, it will really age you. good luck
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I have seen platinum in a couple of the prof lines, but I have never had good luck getting the bright colors to stay long term in clients' hair. Your best bet is to just buy a semi perm color and just retouch as often as necessary at home.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:39 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I was just at Sally's beauty Supply and they had plenty of the silver colors, but I was looking for white. Just go there it's usually better for your hair anyways. If you have any questions the workers there arevery knowledgable or evenask your stylist what your plan of attack should be :) gl
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I used to use manic panic in my hair. It says to wash it out after a short time I would let it dry in my hair then rinse it. I would last for months that way. after I rinsed it I would use a REALLy good conditioner. Leave it in for no less than five mnutes and rinse. Helps repair any damage and seal in the color
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 4:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2010