Whats the best time to stop working at my job? I do work at an Oil change place. Doing a lot of walking, bending, moving around, and on my feet for then 5 hours.

saraleecupcake

Asked by saraleecupcake at 12:05 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• depends on the job.

I worked all of mine right up to the birth.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• What is your job?
    Are you having complications?
    Do you have help at home?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Have you asked your doctor? I would think when you can't handle it anymore, then it's time to stop.
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• **okay~ there was an edit in the title...

If this is something you have been doing since the beginning or even before pregnancy and no complications then you may continue as long as you feel good to be there.
    Listen to your intuition, if it's too much, take a day off, or two, take shorter shifts, o...r just call it a day: move on. ;-)

Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I do oil changes on cars. My feet hurt after a while, back starts to hurts, get charily horse in my toes and feet out of no where. My chest starts to hurt. I do have a little trouble breathing
    saraleecupcake

Answer by saraleecupcake at 12:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I worked as a waitress during my first pregnancy until about a month and a half before I was due, but I really hated my job, I could have worked longer. With my second I was working in the laundry of a hotel, so on my feet all day, bending, pulling laundry in and out of commercial machines, quite hot temps, up and down stairs a lot. I worked until just over a month before I was due. My last pregnancy I was working as an EA with special needs kids. I worked until a week before I was due, I could have gone right up until the day, but it was easier on the kids to have a sub introduced a little earlier.

How early to you have to give notice? If you only need a couple weeks notice you could work for quite a while yet. Really you can work until almost the day you give birth. Plus how much total time will you have off? I had a year so leaving early wasn't an issue for me, but if your time is limited you may want to wait.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• my doctor knows. He just tells me to work less hours.. and do.. But i still hurt in pain..
    saraleecupcake

Answer by saraleecupcake at 12:13 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I am 34 almost 35 weeks.
    saraleecupcake

Answer by saraleecupcake at 12:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I worked at walmart unloading trucks, moving pallets full of product (some 200+ lbs), and putting away stock. When I found out I was pregnant they made me quit moving pallets but I kept doing everything else until I was about 7 months and it was hurting my back so bad that my Dr put me on a weight lifting restriction. Then I moved to stocking shelves in the makeup department. I finally had to quit at about 8 months because of preeclampsia. As long as you're not hurting or feeling bad, you should be able to keep working!
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• well i would quit whenever i could afford to honestly. which would probably be not at all. good luck :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2010