not sure where to post this question but need advice please! TMI

I am 4 weeks pp. I bled for the first week and a half then it slowed and was a light/dark brown color. It has gotten heavier within the last 3 days or so and it is bright red. Could this be my period? I haven't had any cramping or backaches but I have had a bad headache for the last couple days. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Could be. If it stopped completely after it turned brown then yes, and sometimes headaches are associated with it; it doesn't always have to be cramps and or back pain. Is there a scent to it; does it smell fleshy? If it smells fleshy then I don't think the after birth bleeding has finished, you can also tell if you're still tender when you wipe; if that's the case then you need to slow down a bit, do less house work or try to be off your feet as much as possible. I hated feeling like a baby and having to be on bed rest after the twins were born, but I did push myself too hard and it took longer for me to slow down the bleeding up until they were a month old. I don't think its anything to stress over until you fill a pad or 2 in an hour, dark heavy bleeding, smell of rotting flesh(this would indicate an infection and antibiotics would have to be given via iv), swelling in legs and or feet, ANYTHING you notice thats new o diff
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Sounds like it.. especially if your not breast feeding.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2010