Are you proud?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you are asking if I am proud of myself, well, sometimes. I have done a few things that make me smile.

If you are talking about pride, as in the sin, not tonight. LOL. Sure I struggle with pride sometimes. I will catch myself thinking I am super cool. But tonight. I feel like just a normal girl, that is in desperate need of the power of God working through me. I know that it is better to be aware of my own weaknesses so that I can depend on the strength of God that flows through me. Without Him I can do nothing of eternal significance!!!

I don't want to get all puffed up, or think more of myself than I should. But even in my weakness, and stupidity, my good moments and bad--I am a treasure of God, just like all of you. He loves us so much. He created us to be His children and live with Him forever. He desires us all to come to Him and hear His voice. That is super cool. So we are all very special to Him : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• HELL YES!! I am 100% Atheist and am so very proud of the person I am today. BUT I am not against any other religion, as long as my beliefs and religion is respected than I will do the same :)
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 1:14 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• OOPS. I should of said. As long as my beliefs and religion ARE respected than I will do the same :)
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 1:15 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yes I am very proud. My beliefs make up the person that i am and to not be proud would mean i am not proud of myself. I love God and what he has done in my life. I feel very sorry for anyone (what ever their beliefs are) that is not proud of their beliefs.
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 1:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yes, I am proud of my beliefs and those that choose to believe differently then myself :)
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:21 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• YES, I am proud.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I am with sexy__can__i, except I grew up JW!!! I love that religion but I'm not going to force my beliefs or JW's beliefs down any ones throats for a million reasons!!! I respect others, their thoughts, their views, and their individuality, and I do this hoping they in turn will do that for me. I love the bible and I believe God will have His day and that when He puts order back in this word we will live in th perfect world Adam and Eve foolishly threw away!!! If it ever came down to it an there was a nasty holocaust again, except against JW's, I would not deny that religion or accepting Jehovah as my God and His son Jesus as my savior just to spare my life; I did enough of that foolish crap when I was younger and wanted to fit in and be accepted! I am a sinner like everyone else the only difference is that I won't go to Kingdom Hall(like church) and act like I don't sin knowing that God is watching and knowing all I do, I
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• respect God and know He sees all!!! So no I'm not going to act like I'm perfect go there and I know the night before I went out clubbing, or had sexual relations or gossiped, or went to the casino, or even smoked a cigarette. I am not putting any one down that does this, I'm saying I won't do it!!!! I feel if you want honesty, respect, honor, and loyalty you have to give it to God first, then you, and then you can do this with anyone in your path of life!!! I have learned to be honest by being honest with God and I do this through prayer!!!! You can bash me, you can disagree with me; but at least I can say beyond a doubt is that I'm not a fake Christian, and I know what it means to be Christianity! I will never tell a lie against another person and the ask God for aiding me in anything unjust! I accept that Jesus died for our sins, and that we are to learn how to be God like through him, and I love them for that even more!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Sure. Of what?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Proud of what? I guess it depends. Sometimes I proud, sometimes humble, sometimes in between.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2010