What do I need For My Infant?

I am currently 30 weeks and still have yet to buy anything except for 3 sleepers.(its a boy) I wanted to know what do I need (clothing wise) and (blanket wise) lol and how many of each item? if you have any info please help(:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well really it depends on the flow of your income...you don't wanna have 10 baby blankets and not enough money for the cable or car insurance. BUT really i think you should stock up on some blankets...especially since its a boy!! When my son was first born he peed on me and everything everytime i changed him, especially in the middle of the night. And don't go over board with clothes, he will grow out of them soooo fast... if anything buy him like 5 different outfits to wear or 7, one for each day of the week, and i'd say about the same for sleepers. Since its winter, my son's wears sleepers a lot to keep his toes warm and what not...so i'd get 7 or so of those since it is cold weather. And I would buy some 3-6 mths ahead of time because they def grow up wayyy to fast.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 1:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• 2 fleece sack sleeper, a pack of receiving blankets, a pack of cloth diapers for burp rags, bottles even if you are going to BF, pacifiers you may need, a couple packs of onsies 0-2 month size, socks, diapers, wipes, diaper cream, a couple of 0-3month sleepers, a warm comfy blanket for daytime, a carseat cover if it is cold. I really can't think of anything else. If I do I will let you know.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• This is what I always had for my little girls
    -at least 10 size 0-3 month onesies
    -at least 10 3-6 month onesies
    -at least 10 full body button up sleepers size 0-3 months
    -at least 10 full body button up sleepers size 3-6 months
    -at least 7 front snap t-shirts (these are great because you button them instead of getting them around his little head, plus these are good under sleepers for added warmth)
    -between 5-10 little outfits for visitors or taking them out to the doctors office.
    -at least 10 smaller recieving blankets (these can be used around the house, or even as spit up catchers lol, so you may want more then this)
    -Socks, socks, socks! Little feet can get cold really fast if not covered! (OH, here is a trick too- put socks over the footed part of sleepers, because it keeps their feet warm- but also keeps the foot in the leg of the sleeper when they get to kicking thier little legs around.)
    Continue
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:48 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Continue
    -You may want to get a few little hats as well, because blankets can fall off of thier heads easily. I also never put my little down to sleep with the hats on though either, so hats are good for certain times.
    -3 to 4 thicker blankets, just don't get them too heavy because that can be a bit dangerous.
    -You will need a pack of baby washclothes. I bought baby towels, but honestly- there is not much sense in spending the money for them when you can use a regular towel.
    -Cloth diapers (if you choose to use those)
    -crib sheets.
    -then you will need the basics as well: baby shampoo, baby lotion, baby tub, baby nail clippers, a diaper bag. wipes, thermometer, bottles (even if you BF, you can pump and use the bottles so others can feed as well), booty ointment, bottle brush, car shades, car seat cover as well if it is colder where you live.
    I also want to add that there are many products out there that they say....
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:57 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Continue
    are good to have. BUT they really are not any more helpful for the money that you will spend on them. I purchased the changing table, the bottle warmer, the diaper genie, the cloth hanger that holds diapers, the heartbeat bear, and you know what- I rarely used them at all! My girls were changed anywhere from the table, the couch, our bed, even right on the carpet when I was sitting on the floor with them. The diaper genie only made a huge strip of stinky diapers all wrapped together and still smelled up the nursery. The heartbeat bear didn't work for my girls.So, you have to financially pay close attention to what you will use and what you won't...lol. I wrote above that you needed at least 10 of the articles of clothing, because you will be changing quite a few times during the day. My youngest spit up ALOT and therefore I was washing laundry everyday! :) Sigh. I hope this all helps and I wish you the best of luck!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Oh and you can always message me if you have any other questions. I am not a expert, lol. But I am a fellow momma! :)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:04 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I dont really have anything to add...BabyBeans covered it!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:14 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Might I suggest going to the Budgeting for Baby class given by the NMCRS. They tell you exactly what you need, what is frivolous, and how you can get what you need cheaper. And they show you how to budget your money to make sure that you can afford all of the baby care essentials. They also give you a bag of items for your child. It is so worth going to. My husband and I went when we prepared for our daughter and it was very helpful to us. We were able to see where we were spending too much money and were able to cut back on our expenses in baby areas and everyday areas of our lives.
    harakal1

Answer by harakal1 at 7:19 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Cloth diapers make fantastic burp rags even if you use disposables for the butt, get a dozen or 2 just for wiping the face and catching the drool/burp. Onesies, sleepers, blankets, shirts, pants, socks, tv booties,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• To add to what Baby Beans said, I didn't even GET a changing table, somebody warned me ahead of time that it was unnesessary and saved me the expense. I never used the bottle warmer, I heated her bottles in the microwave--works wonders. I used the baby bathtub exactly twice! Honestly, it was easier to bathe her in the tub with me.I like using the big, fluffy, adult bath towels to dry baby and keep her warm after a bath, not the little flimsy things they call baby towels. Baby washcloths are SOOO good to have though! I used disposable diapers on her and didn't have a diaper Genie. I put the wet or soiled diaper immediately in a plastic bag that groceries came in, and put them in the garbage can outside.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Jan. 11, 2010