Do you think Atheist worship the devil?

Well i know this may seem like a question to start drama but it really isnt. I myself am Atheist and i am just wondering how many ppl on here think that Atheist worship the devil? I do not, i do not believe in the devil nor god. I worship myself, my friends and family :) But i'm just wondering, and if you do think that... why??? ( NO BASHING!! ) ( NO MEAN DRAMA BS ) or i'll just delete the question. Thanks

sexy_can_i

Asked by sexy_can_i at 1:58 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No they do not worship the devil. The do not worship any God's or demons. They simply do not believe in either.
    My son is Atheist and I couldn't be prouder of him!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• No I do not think that. It is pretty hard to worship something you dont believe in. I chalk it up to people being uninformed about other beliefs or in this case non beliefs.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:01 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I thought Athiest didn't worship anything and leave the devil worship to the Satanists.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Its what people do best; bash and demean anything they can't, or don't understand, anything they can't accept as a part of life, not willing to gain some sort of insight by looking it up(this could be anything and not just religion!), and best of all saying "my God's not like that, or "my God won't accept/tolerate this, or its defying God!!! I feel and think this way: with all the religions in the world claiming to be the 1 true religion but they all have different beliefs, some sins are acceptable, some saying God and Jesus are the same, and the other whirling confusing statements of religions; why should a perso have to worship a God they have not come to accept as real, or why should one convert into a religion just to please others!? That's not how God wants it, He wants us to come willingly not forcibly! sexy__can__i, I'm not going to say you're a lost soul or you need to find religion, because in this world its not (cnt
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:13 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• How media potrays things gives negative outlook on groups such as Athiest. They are not devli worshipers.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 2:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• right or God fearing of me to do so!!! All I can do is accept your beliefs and respect our differences as people, not judge or demean you because of it! I follow in Christ's example of accepting all people despite race, creed, or religion as my spiritual brothers. I believe Christians are supposed to do this as humans and as servants of God. Jesus even spoke to whores and with dignity and respect; do you think a Christian will do that today!? I do!!! I'm not a whore, but I'm no better than she or he just because I don't! Understanding, compassion, communication to learn and understand has died along with chivalry!!!! I wish we would learn how to get along for the sake of attempting to preserve what is left on this planet, but apparently its too much to ask!!! Its easier to point the finger and degrade then it is to look at ourselves and see our faults and weakness too. Believe in what you do as long a it makes you feel whole!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I don't think that atheists worship Satan!!!! They don't believe in him.

But you said you worship yourself. So YOU actually practice an aspect of satanism. Did you know that? Self worship is one of the central aspects of modern satanism. In fact the most important holiday is your own birthday!!!

“To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. [...] Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather it is a name for the reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will.”
    "The Satanic Scriptures" by Peter Gilmore

Anyways, I am not calling you a satanist, (and most the satanists here don't worship satan). I just thought it was ironic that while you are denouncing a connection between atheism and satanism, you promoted a central aspect of it.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• By the way. I don't agree with that quote on a theological level.

: )

Anyways. Good night.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Well sorry i guess i worded it wrong... i don't worship my self and friend and family, what i meant to say is i believe in myself and others. Sorry worship was the wrong word, i don't make a church so ppl can praise me, I don't hold ceremonies or anything for myself lol... BUT thank you for the insight. :)
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 2:44 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• No problem! LOL : )

I understand what you mean.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2010