Is mirena good?

I am going tomorrow to get it done. I've never used it before, and I need to know what's good about it if anybody knows

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Got Mirena about 8 weeks after my daughter was born. She was born in June 2009, and I got it at my check up... I noticed within the first few weeks that I was having side effects, but my Dr. told me they would taper off and become less and less. I bled for the first four months very randomly. Half of the time I'd wake up in the morning and realized I was bleeding when I slept. It's so disgusting! I have also lost a lot of my hair. I shower or brush my hair and just wads of it falls out. I've now had it going on 5 months, and I cannot deal with it any more. I was 173 when I checked in to have my daughter. I was wearing my normal jeans two weeks after she was born... I had dropped the first 20 lbs really quickly (I normally weigh about 140). Anyway, I bought a scale last night and I have ballooned up to 189.4 lbs!!! This is dangerously heavy! From the weight gain to not even being able to wear my maternity clothes (I have to wea
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 2:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• contd

wear jammies 24/7 because nothing fits) and then throw in all of the depression I have, random migraines which I've never had before, and the acne... it is just not worth it.
    Itsonono

• Wow thanks. I already have hair loss and to loose more idk If I could handle it. I Am breastfeeding and I'm told this is my best option.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• The Mirena is horrible. I thought it was best for me, but nooo.... You need to read the forums. Women after women disliking it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Agreed, I hate it, first i have the head aches, i have the facial problems, no hair loss luckily.. but i do notice more hair! WHERE THERE SHOULDN'T BE... could be from pcos though... I've had pregnancy scares and realized that a lot of women have them to while they have a iud.. i hate the idea of possibly getting pregnant with it.. i know its a slim chance but if it happens then you have a huge chance of miscarrying.. or having birth defects... It pokes my husband constantly.. like to the point where his penis hurts and turns red... and the string is already as short as it can get... i have a tilted cervix so getting it in hurt like labor pains.. sigh.. if i could go back i wouldn't get it but sadly if your insurance covers it, it is the cheapest most worry free option.. but i don't like it... just make sure its the right choice for you i don't want to scare you away from it if it really is the best option for you..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I have a friend that has that. She is got a cycst. When she went in the Dr had no idea why she has this and it is really bad. She gets aweful pains and it is getting bigger that she has to have surgery to have it taken out. She is also stuggling with weight and the Dr say it has nothing to do with mirena. Well before Mirena she was lossing weight with no problem and know she has gained 25 of it back. She works out for an 1hr 5 days a week and still no effect. It is so not wroth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i have it also but i dont have many problems. i like it so far and i have had it about a yr. i do have one possible side effect but have never read anyone else having this so im not sure if its from the mirena. all you could do is try to see if you like it. talk to some personal friends and family to see if they have it and see if they have probs with it. then make youre decision.
    rivmaya

Answer by rivmaya at 9:44 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• rivmaya
    i have it also but i dont have many problems. i like it so far and i have had it about a yr. i do have one possible side effect but have never read anyone else having this so im not sure if its from the mirena. all you could do is try to see if you like it. talk to some personal friends and family to see if they have it and see if they have probs with it. then make youre decision.

WHAT WAS THE SIDE EFFECT YOU HAD??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• it made me gain a bunch of weight, have HORRIBLE pain during ovulation, and made me very emotional to the point of depression. it was awful and i wont ever be getting it again.

it made my sister have horrible vaginal pain and a bunch of other symptoms to the point where she removed it hrself t home bc she couldnt wait to go to the doctor. i DO NOT recomend it.

and i had it for 15 months. i got it when dd was 5 months old.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2010