i am getting worse, irritable, lack of energy, i hate this, help!

ok.. i am going thr menopause.. no period for 6 months. thought i was too thru.. it came back. i am worse feeling than i was before..All you prior enopause woman have you ever just wanted to stay in bed with the covers over your head... sink in your bed. even the sound of the phone bothers you...you can remember any dam thing lately.. you need sex, but so tired you would rather sleep.. it hurts just to walk in the store... too tired to eat sometimes.. well this is me..
Was your menopause symptoms like this.. I don't mean to be miserable.. I don't even want to ake a decision.. Help please!! babekids06

babekids06

Asked by babekids06 at 6:04 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Health

• I haven't gone thru it yet, but my mom has. Some of what you describe sounds like what she went thru, in terms of not being able to remember things and the sex issue (yeah, that was NOT a conversation I enjoyed...lol). But the other stuff (the hiding in bed, everything bothers you, hurts to walk, too tired to eat, etc.), she didn't go thru that. So I would say it's not normal, but that doesn't mean it's not. I think menopause is like everything else, it's individualized to the person. So what's normal for you might not be the same for my mom, or for me. If you're concerned, I'd talk to your dr. It could be normal, it could be your depressed, but either way, they may be able to make some suggestions for how to feel better. Lots of luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I wish I could help but all I can say is what my mom told me too. talk to your dr. My mom had very similar symptoms and from what she says there is a "miracle" pill that you can take that will make it all better...

Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:19 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Take black cohosh
    eat a serving of good soy (like tofu or edamame) every day
    drink lots of water
    If you eat meat or dairy, be sure to eat hormone free.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:23 AM on Jan. 11, 2010