I'm 38w6d and while in the shower this morning I noticed a dime sized jelly like glob that had a little bit of blood and a brown streak. Was that a bloody show, mucus plug, or something else?

xoxneanxox

Asked by xoxneanxox at 7:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That would be part or all of your mucus plug, definately. The fact that it is bloody definately implies birth is coming. With both children I labored for, I started with an egg-white mucus tinged with blood and within hours my water had broken. Good luck!
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 8:01 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I believe it was your mucus plug!!! If its your first baby this happens when your cervix is 1.5cm (about 1-2 finger tips) dialated, how ever the birth may, may not happen for days - weeks later. If this is not your first baby then you need to pay attention for regular contractions about 5min apart, and call ob once this occurs!!! Every body/pregnancy is different so pay attention to any changes you notice: bloody show(mucous clear substance streaked with blood), pain in lower abs and or back that are regular, frequent, and painful, discomfort regaurdless of what you try. See how it goes for a hour or 2 and if nothing major is going on, then go with the flow, but if you notice a lot of above mentioned then call ob and go from there. Get plenty of water or fluid of choice and try to take it easy or walk till you get it going(not always a gaurentee), and get your over night bag ready!!! GL!!! Let us know what happens, please!?
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:08 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• The same thing happened to me with my first pregnancy. I called the doctor and the nurse said I would probably go into labor within 3 days. Well I lost my plug on Friday and had the baby on Sunday.
    smoore828

Answer by smoore828 at 8:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i would say that is ur plug. check ur wrine and when u wipe if there is more blood, if so u are on the road to delivery. good luck
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 8:19 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Plug! I noticed it the morning I went into labor with my first (I didn't know it). Several hours later, I was in Labor and delivery! Goodluck!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:42 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Sounds like the mucus plug, momma! won't be long now! I lost mine on a Friday, went into labor at 3:00 a.m. Sunday morning!
    bjfreeman1

Answer by bjfreeman1 at 9:14 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Sounds like your mucus plug!! You'll be going into labor very soon,probably within a couple of days.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:19 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• mucus plug. but remember, the mucus plug rebuilds itself constantly. so, even though you lost some of it, labor can still be a long ways away. just don't hope for something soon, bc if it doesn't happen soon, then you're going to be disappointed.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Sure sounds like mucus plug to me :) Baby will be here soon ;)
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 9:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Plug
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2010