Massage etiquette

When you go for a professional massage do you get fully undressed or leave your underwear on? Are both acceptable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Both are acceptable, it's whatever you feel comfortable with- unless the masseuse directs you otherwise. I was always given the option when I went into the room, they sent me in to get undressed and under the covers.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 8:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• both are fine but do take the bra off.. hard to rub u down when theres a bra in the way. lol.. i myself get full undress and get under the covers before she comes in ( i always have a female ) and she makes sure im always coverd she may get a peek at my bum when she rubs my thighs but its a fast glance she fixes the sheet so she can rub my thighs but my tush is still coverd. just enjoy yourself and drink water before going but empty bladder before getting it done u dont want to have to pee in the middle of it, and after drink water. i have a had a few in my adult life...love it!!!!!!!!! and just breath and enjoy it. have fun xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I just finished school for massage therapy. We tell the clients to undress and only leave their panties or briefs on. We leave the room and instruct them to get under the sheets on the table. It's difficult to massage the back on a woman with a bra on.
    I'm in Florida and there are proper draping laws - nothing is ever exposed. I have had a few clients that have gotten completely naked but either way they are covered.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2010