What is a good dbl stroller for a newborn and an alomost 3 yr. old?

Any suggestions? My daughter is almost 3 and very petite, i would like to be able to use my infant carrier with it as well. I have the Chicco infant carrier. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I personally do not think buying a double is appropriate when you have a child that is 3. Your oldest is capable of walking. If you insist on something she can use on occasion I think you should look into a sit-n-stand, but realistically your child needs to learn to walk with you and behave, not just be strapped in and carted around as a substitute for effective parenting.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 9:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Wow - I had a double when my oldest was 2 1/2 and my younger son was born. My oldest would have stayed in a stroller forever if I had let him! And it was MUCH easier and safer than having him out running around while I was dealing with a newborn. Parents have no right to judge other parents and their decisions!
    But, that was 9 years ago and strollers have changed so much. I had a Graco that I bought on clearance at WalMart for $40!! I actually will be watching for respectful, helpful answers as my current little one will be 20 months old when my baby is born in July. I am planning on buying a used one from craigslist but hope to get some ideas.

Answer by missanc at 10:23 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I like the Baby Trends "Sit n stand" -- the front part is for the little one; you can put an infant carrier in there if you choose. In the back, your 3 year-old can either stand on a platform facing forward (so she can get down easily -- like at the zoo or somewhere where she'll want to get out frequently), or she can sit facing you. Mine were 16 months apart only, but I didn't get this until my little one was big enough to sit up in the front part -- until then, I wore the little one in a wrap and used our single stroller. Still, I think this stroller is great. And it fits through doors and things, no problem, and isn't terribly expensive.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:50 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Here's the sit n' stand, available at Target:

http://www.target.com/s/177-4566453-2031154?_encoding=UTF8&CPNG=Baby&LID=9338163&search-alias=tgt-index&keywords=sit_n%5Fstand&searchSize=30&ref=tgt%5Fadv%5FXSGT0716&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=1038576&AFID=Google&searchPage=1&searchRank=target104545&LNM=sit%5Fn%5Fstand

Just past in the above URL and then click on the "columbia" model to see a photo of where you put the baby carrier.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• At three? Your child is able to walk and should be learning proper behavior and conduct for public places.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• At three of course her child can walk and behave properly in public... but strollers can come in handy in certain cases. Like right now, when we go to this huge Children's museum when it's sub-zero weather outside. The stroller holds my bag (purse with diapers in it), plus all the coats and hats so we don't have to pay for a locker... The girls (31 months and 16 months) wusually ride from one area to the next and then get out and play... when I want to get them from point A to point B quickly I can. I'm sure I'll still be using it this summer when my older daughter's 3 and we go to the crowded zoo. That's why the Sit n Stand is so nice... the older child can hop on and off easily.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My child is 3 and I'm looking for a new stroller also. The Maclaren's are really nice because they can fit a child up to 55 lbs at least the volo can. My child can walk and act appropriately in public, but there are times they still need a stroller like at a zoo or museum if they get tired or if you walk alot around town. I would really check out Maclaren's(pricey but worth it if it's going to last a while).
    Anonymous

• Thanks for all the POSITIVE comments, my daughter is VERY well behaved, we are wanting a double stroller for long outings like the zoo, meuseums, disney..ect..We will def be looking into the Maclaren and the sit n stand..my daughter is 24lbs and almost 3 so if i got he Mclaren she could use it untill she graduated high school..hahaha. o
    Anonymous