A question for all religions/beliefs

What is your favorite book about your religion, theology, spirituality etc. for someone searching to learn about your religion? (besides the holy texts of your religion)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I like Catechism books they explain all the rules I guess you could say of Catholicism.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I would suggest any of the Dummy series on Wicca and or Paganism...
    or anything written by Scott Cunningham..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Carl Sagan....Cosmos.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• JW's have 2 books that I love and they both have question and answer parts at the end of each chapter, ok maybe 3, 1st: "What Does The Bible Really Teach(self explanatory), 2nd: How to Draw Close To Jehovah(this book explains why JW's refer to Him by His name, what He expects of us as Christians, why we need to reach out to Him trough prayer, how our very lives depend on our relationship with Jehovah, and more!), 3rd: The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived(explains about Jesus life from his early life that was set forth in the four Gospels, his speeches and preformed miracles, this book allows you to envision Jesus doing all of those miraculous acts). With these 3 books I, myself see God and Jesus more real, more astounding, more powerful, and I feel their love ever more! I don't expect anyone to accept it or agree but this is how I feel towards these books and this religion! Something about it makes me gush like a fool in love wld!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• God is Not Great, by Christopher Hitchens =)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:52 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• The Case For Christ by Lee Strobel, The Case For Faith by Lee Strobel and The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• hum....im not really sure...theres a lot of great ones
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Good question.  It's hard because I read a lot and there are several books I refer back to often, or I have just enjoyed reading.

Here's my list:  The Catholic Church Catechism, Theology and Sanity by FJ Sheed, A Map of Life by FJ Sheed, To Know Christ by FJ Sheed, My life with the Saints by James Martin, and Reluctant Saint: The Life of Francis of Assisi.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• As Ladyd says above. What Does The Bible Really Teach is available online too now: http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_00.htm

But my children LOVE the 'Great Man Whoever Lived' book. We have it on audio. It's available as audio online as well: http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQZRQVNlBBX (from the drop down menu) along with most of our stuff, including the WatchTower and Awake! magazines.

JWMum

Answer by JWMum at 10:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2010