Honda CR-V owners.....

I am considering purchasing a Honda CR-V and I'd like to know your honest opinion of them. They are very difficult to find pre-owned so I'm thinking they are a good vehicle. I am a 27 (almost) year old mom to a one year old little boy. I currently own a Toyota Echo which is a great car, but we just need more room, especially if we add to our family. So give it to me straight....what do you like and dislike about your CR-V? Also...did you buy new or pre-owned. I'm thinking about just buying new. My grandparents have a CD for me of about $15,000 that can go to a new car, so that would cut my monthly payment down a lot and make it worth getting a new one.

zeppelynn

Asked by zeppelynn at 9:10 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i never had a cr-v. i saw families outgrow those pretty quickly too. we went from a civic to a pilot. i'm not sure how old your child is, but i'm not sure if a crv would hold a double stroller and groceries. think of if you would ever carry passengers as well. it could be difficult to put a 3rd person in the back row with two carseats. btw, hondas are great! ive been driving them for 15 yrs.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My Husbands Aunt has one and while I did not like it at first it has really grown on me. I have driven it a few times and it's nice. However, I am 5'7 and by the time I am done driving it my knee hurts. There is not enough leg space so my knee was sitting in a twisted way. I think I could handle it for around town but the last time I drove it I had driven it to another town about an hour away, so I was in pain when I got home ( I drive a very large suv). If I was shorter I would have liked it more though.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I think you should buy AMERICAN!
    Anonymous

• While the Honda CR-V itself is not made in America, Honda has factories in the U.S. in actuality there are quite a few "foreign" vehicles made in the U.S. while quite a few U.S. vehicles are made in Mexico and Canada. As a matter of fact in 2009 83.8% of the Honda and Acura vehicles sold in the U.S. were actually built in the U.S.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Where the vehicle is made is not of importance to me.
    zeppelynn

Answer by zeppelynn at 3:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2010