Can exercise do it or would it require surgery?

So after having my darling boy, a year later I am less than my pre-pregnancy weight. I have completely changed my lifestyle" I eat clean and do daily yoga plus other things like sit ups, push ups, lifting weights, squats, etc. My only complaint is the skin on my tummy is a little loose when I am bending over. I can flex my abs and if I'm bending over, it still looks flabby. I didn't know if there is anything I can do to fix this or if it would take surgery (b/c it seems to just be loose skin, not fat). Also, my boobies droop terribly when I'm bending over. I'm sure that would require surgery, though. Not in the cards for me right now. Don't know that I would ever have surgery to fix a cosmetic issue, but I would still like to know if there's anything (exercises) I can do to fix my tummy. The only thing I'm not doing right now is cardio b/c it's so freaking cold outside. But once it warms up I fully plan on running every day.

zeppelynn

Asked by zeppelynn at 9:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• congratulationsOn you keeping up with your new lifestyle...How I wish I had the willpower.

Yes once we have kids our bodies are no longer that youth looking girl we once knew...lol

As far as that loose skin yes definately surgery would b the answer but like me (money is not there) so since you will be starting to run when it warms up try wearing something snug underneath to help shave off some of that skin I can't believe you are that bad I mean somehow it all dissapears just keep doing what you have been doing and I bet you'll have what you've always wanted...unless you have another baby...well back to the old drawing board...lol You can do it and I know I can too, but no motivation :(

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I am also a lower weight then I was before pregnant and I was thin even then. I have a flat tight stomach but when I sit or bend over, you can see a little looseness of the skin - not much but it isn't as tight as before pregnancy. Mine doesn't bother me because it's just skin but I don't think you can do anything about that really.

As for boobs, mine are the same not sure you can really tighten them up unless you wait longer enough maybe lol.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• ya..after pregnancy that skin is there.. im two years out from birth and still do sit ups everyday and slowly but surely that skin is getting tighter.. i want to try some of that skin tightening lotion..but i know there are some plastic surgery places that have devices that stimulate the skin to tighten.. may try that....
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I'm diabetic and in middle of losing weight,I have 100 more to go and hanging skin is a concern I have so I asked my doctor.She said you need exersise and long as you do,excess skin should not be a problem.So that's something I have to start to work on.Here is a link to a weight loss site.People there seem to do really good on losing weight,they will have all kinds of tips for you.I would join and see what happens.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jan. 11, 2010