How can I help my two year old son to talk more entend of mumming

Motherinneed123

Asked by Motherinneed123 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• entend of mumming?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• lololololol. When you talk to him make sure he is looking right at your face, and ununciate your words. And correct his speech when you understand him. He says I unt bewww toy, say, oh You want the blue toy. kwim? Besides that give em 6 mths he will be talkinglike such a big boy.
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• It will come as he develops. Young children don't have the same capacity to produce the sounds that adults make, it develops over the first few years. Give it time and just continue to read to him and converse with him- he'll get there eventually :)
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 9:57 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I've heard that reading to children helps a lot. I also agree with mommymeof2 who said to ask the child if he meant ____, and then say it in the correct way so he can hear the way it is really supposed to be pronounced.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• correction really doesn't help at all. they do what they do until they have the tools to create the correct sounds.. don't sweat it :)
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 4:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I wish mine would talk at all, mine was 3 in september and the only word he says is NO I havn't heard him say Daddy or mommy yet and it is rather disheartening. He babbles alot but you can't make out what he is saying at all. He starts school in september and I don't know if he will be allowed into school. I am also trying to potty train him and without him talking he can't tell me he has to go. If you know of any idea let me know also.

Eve
    Majicaleve

Answer by Majicaleve at 4:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2010