Christians-How often, when and why do you share your faith with your children

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont discuss religion with my children in such a way that I read the Bible to them, or tell them they have to go to church, or that they are going to burn in hell. However, I do bring it up often in relation to questions that they may ask me regarding why things are the way they are in the world, at school, why some people are good or bad, or things like that. I do tell them when they have a problem they should pray to God for an answer or help. I do tell them about Christmas, Easter, and different holidays. I do answer questions they have about different religions their friends practice and things like that. I probably talk to my kids more then a few times a week when they ask, but I dont go to church, and I dont preach at them per say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I share all the time. Everyday things can be discussions about my faith. I read Bible stories to them, we have catechism at home, we pray.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• We have a short weekly Bible study with our older ones. But really we just teach them as we go along everyday life and by example:
    "...Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. 5 And you must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your vital force. 6 And these words that I am commanding you today must prove to be on your heart; 7 and you must inculcate them in your son and speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up." Deut 6:4-7 (Deut 4:9,11:19; Prov 22:6; Eph 6:4)
    JWMum

Answer by JWMum at 10:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• never & never cause she's too young.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:39 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I share with her all the time; seriously all day long. Because of that verse above from Deut. 6 and becasue our faith really is the focus of our lives here. I share it with her because it is so true and because I want her to know how wonderful God is, how much He loves her, and I want His Word to fill her heart.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:58 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• We do a family devotion every night and pray over breakfast and dinner. Our faith is part of who we are so our children see our faith in action daily.
    Anonymous

• Whenever the opportunity arises. No child is too young to understand about Jesus, in matter of fact young children understand better than adults do! Never ceases to amaze me
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• we have a family bible study once a week. We want our kids to learn about our creator and the sacrifice that Jesus and Jehovah made for us.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Everyday and all day, because it's in how we live our lives that shows our faith to others :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• we go to church most every week, we pray together, i have a friend who comes weekly to do a bible study with the kids.. I talk about what Gods expects from us al the time.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2010