What is your city famous for?

Buffalo Wings, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabers

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• .....Billy the Kid robbed a bank in my town.
    Chief Winnemucca, also called Poito or One Moccasin (ca. 1820–1882), was an important chief of the Northern Paiute at the time of the Paiute War of 1860. He is primarily known through the writings of his daughter, Sarah Winnemucca. His birth date is unknown, but was probably around 1820. Sarah Winnemucca (born Thocmentony, Paiute: Shell Flower) (ca. 1841 – October 17, 1891) was notable for being the first Native American woman known to secure a copyright and to publish in the English language. She was also known by her married name, Sarah Winnemucca Hopkins, under which she was published. Her book, Life Among the Paiutes: Their Wrongs and Claims, is an autobiographical account of her people during their first forty years of contact with explorers and settlers
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:20 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Harley Davidson Plant, a house shaped like a shoe, the articles of confederation were signed here, first PA capitol.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 10:15 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Sadly, the area I live in is known for teen pregnancy and homosexuals. Not joking, not bashing, just telling the honest to God truth.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I live in the town that was the center of the "Middletown" studies, Ball Jars, Jim henson is from here.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I would say BRICKTOWN, OU SOONERS and thats about it.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• The movie Fargo. Even though they only drove through Fargo and really filmed in MN and no we do not talk like them. I hate that when I say where I"m from and they have to make a remark that we do not talk them the movie.

Roger Maris
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• The NFL Football Hall Of Fame - Canton Ohio
    and an hour up the road...
    Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Browns (bbooooo), Drew Carey
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• But where I'm From...
    Louisville Sluggers, University of Louisville, Waverly Sanitarium, Kentucky Derby
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• The Battle of the Alamo. The Riverwalk, 3 times NBA Champions SPURS, San Antonio Stock show and Rodeo. 2nd largest city in Texas, 7th largest city in the US, BBQ, Cowbpys and Beer..lol
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:29 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• OU -- Boomer Sooner
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2010