Would you have eaten so much?

I made spaghetti yesterday and ate a big amount of it (it was soo good) this was about 6:oo then later (I couldn't sleep) I had the same amount at 11:30 what could happen after eating like that does all that turn into sugar or what I don't do this all of the time but damn I feel bad for doing it.

Thx.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• No, all the spaghetti did not turn to sugar. Most of it is waste and you will pass it out. Satisfying a late night craving (even to glutenous proportions) is not a problem if done infrequently and you maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 10:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Switch to whole grain; you will feel full quicker and get some much needed fiber in your diet.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:05 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• ya know i get the same with spaggetti. ill be stuffed and still shovel it down cuz its so good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Um, spaghetti is a carb food (loaded with carbs) and carbs DO turn into glucose in your blood stream. Your body uses insulin so that your body can use the glucose, but if you don't use the glucose by exercising or being active it can be turned into fat. It can also be excreted in urine, which means your body has an overload of glucose in the blood.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Add a source of protein and/or fiber to your meal and you'll feel full longer.
    michiganmom116

• Yes, I have. As long as you don't do it all the time, you are ok. Stop feeling bad.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2010