How much is the average bear at Build A Bear?

My daughter really wants to go for her birthday, just curious how much it costs to build a bear...thanks!

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 10:25 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Shopping

• You can get a bear just by itself, no accessories, for around 12 bucks. Good luck getting out without at least one accessory though. ;)
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 10:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• oh about 5 years ago it cost me 20 bucks. probably more now... and that was just for a plain looking bear.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• $12-$15
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 10:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I spent 63 bucks for my niece and nephew to build an animal each while they were here. One was a bunny and one was a horse. Both of them got an outfit and shoes and one accessory for thier animal. You could probably spend less, I'm sure.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• The bear/animal isn't the expensive part...it's the outfit and accessories that kill you. My grandson and Granddaughter went 2 years ago. She chose a pink and white bear and a 'princess t-shirt for the bear, he chose a lop earred dog...and he got a bandana for around his neck. They averaged 25 each.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• The animals range from $10 -22. The amount that you spend can be kept at a reasonable limit if you set a limit prior to going into the store. Kids are going to want everything; complete outfits, shoes, hats, etc. When we have gone, we tell our daughters that they can spend a certain amount & then they have to choose what they really want without going over that. You can do an animal & get a t-shirt and not spend that much. Clothing usually ranges from $5-12 for a complete outfit (shirt & pants, dress, skirt & shirt, etc). Shoes & accessories cost about $6 ea. The store gives each animal a couple of colored bows with elastic bands that can help "dress up" the animal for no additional cost. Something else you might want to consider is getting the "shoppers card" or Build a Bear email thing. You earn points for what you spend & then receive $10 Bear Bucks when you earn a certain amount. You can take your reward & get more later.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I got my son a dog from build a bear last year and everything cost 30.00 that including the outfit and dog.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• You can buy clothes that fit build a bear at craft stores like Jo-Ann's and AC Moore - much cheaper than the actual build a bear stuff

Answer by missanc at 9:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2010