How much do you pay someone to babysit over night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I do not agree with the idea that overnight sitters should be paid less because the child is sleeping. In a full time childcare situation I would expect to pay the regular full time day rate plus a shift differential ranging from $5-15/day. For a one time overnight from a sitter I would pay the going hourly rate. My sitter makes $10.00/hr currently.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 10:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• $30 to $50...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I've paid between $75-100 for my 3 kids. They were all potty trained and old enough to change their own clothes (elementary school age). Most sitters expect to be paid less - it's kind of like daycare, you don't pay an hourly rate, you pay a reduced rate due to the amount of hours.

Answer by missanc at 10:43 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• * expect less/hour for overnights

• I pay $100 for coming at 5 pm and DH and I getting home at noon, that is for 1 child, so maybe $20 more for each additional, trust me you want them to want to do it again, it is so hard to find someone trustworthy to stay with your kiddo~
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:48 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I'd be happy if I could find someone to watch mine for an evening....however...we can't afford that, even if we could find somebody!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2010