Have you ever barbequed in the winter?

I've got coals left over from summer and I'm thinking about having a BBQ feast tonight. But there's about a foot of snow outside and my hubby thinks I'm crazy. Have you ever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I sure do, I was bummed recently when the freezing rain prevented me from keeping the grill lit. I love grilled vegetables and meat!
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 10:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• yup
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• We have a propane grill and use it if we can reach it as long as it is above freezing. Any colder and it just isn't fair to the person doing the grilling. In the summer it becomes my oven and we use it for typical stuff as well as lasagna, pizza, pies…
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• The only thing that stops us is an ice storm. We BBQ year round.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• We do. We have a propane grill and hubby loves his grilled chicken, pork & steak. Freezing temps doesn't stop him!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My old neighbor pulled his grill out every other day year round. We chuckled but it smelled good and we really wish we had some bbq. Go for it, there are no rules about grilling - I could see if you were trying to hop in the pool. I smelled bbq when I was walking down the street yesterday and I thought ummmm I wonder who that is.
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 10:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• If we could we would. But wth below zero weather and all the snow it keeps us from doing it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• yeah!

I fire up the BBQ at least once a week. we've got it hooked up to the house natural gas line

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:42 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• We cookout all winter long, but we live in NC

Answer by missanc at 10:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• We used to grill all year round when I was a kid. Steaks for New Years was a tradition. Now...not so much because none of us want to stand out in the freezing cold to watch the grill, lol. When my dad uses the snow blower he makes sure to a cut a path across the patio to the grill just in case we want to use it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:50 AM on Jan. 11, 2010